What do you think of people who will stand on their feet, waiting to meet Allah, for fifty thousand years, during which time they will not eat or drink anything? Then when their throats are parched with thirst and their stomachs are burning with hunger, they will be taken to the Fire, where they will be given to drink from a boiling spring whose heat would reach an extreme degree. All of them will be concerned only with their own selves. Each of them will say, ‘myself, myself’. (Al Hasan Al Basri)
Before even entering to Heaven or Hell, following category of sinners (but believers) will suffer during the Day of Standing:
1. One who seizes other’s Properties by force / trick:
- Brothers rob / deceive / don’t give rightful & inherited property to sisters / brothers.
- Uncles don’t return rightful properties to their nephews / nieces.
- Rich and powerful gang illeglly rob properties of the weak.
“Whoever seizes any portion of land unlawfully will be swallowed up by it on the Day of Resurrection, and will sink to the seventh earth. ”
Ghasb is one of the worst kinds of eating up another person’s property unjustly, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Your blood, your property and your honour are sacred to you.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The property of a Muslim is not permissible unless he gives his consent.”
“Whoever wrongly seizes a plot of land, Allah will make him carry seven earths around his neck.”
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1610
“And eat up not one another’s property unjustly (in any illegal way, e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving).
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever has done any wrong to his brother, let him seek his forgiveness today, before there will be no dinar and no dirham [i.e., the Day of Resurrection], when if he has any hasanaat (good deeds), some of his hasanaat will be taken and given to the one who was wronged, and if he does not have any hasanaat, some of the sayi’aat (bad deeds) of the one who was wronged will be taken and thrown onto him, and he will be thrown into Hell,” or as he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said it. If the seized property is still there, it should be returned as it is, and if it is not there, then he must replace it.
If the one who seized the property has built anything or planted crops on the seized land, he has to remove the buildings or crops if the owner asks him to, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The sweat of the evildoer counts for nothing.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi and others; classed as hasan). If that has caused any damage to the land, he is to be penalized for that damage. He also has to erase any traces of building or planting that remain, so that the land may be given back to its owner in good condition.
2. One who is two-faced:
- Friends / Relatives are instigating chaos/fights among husband-wife or blood-relatives using the two-faced personalities.
The most evil of people on the Day of Resurrection will be the one who is fickle, who is not consistent in his attitude, but presents one face to some people and another face to others. Bukhari and Muslim:
“ You will find the most evil of people on the Day of Resurrection, the one who is two-faced, who presents one face to one group of people and another face to another group”.
“Whoever is two-faced in this world, will have a tongue of fire on the Day of Resurrection. ” (Albani, Sahih)
3. The one who begs when he has the means of being independent:
- Friends / Relatives are asking money (begging money or asking for a loan with bad intension or void of sincerety to return it later) for personal needs (although according to Prophetic instructions, they have more than 50 dirhams, i.e., they don’t have any real needs).
“Whoever begs from people when he has the means of being independent, his begging will appear on the Day of Resurrection as scratches on his face. ” He was asked, “O’ Messenger of Allah, what are the means of being independent?” He said: “Fifty dirhams, or the equivalent amount in gold. ”
“The begging of a rich person will appear as a disfigurement on his face on the Day of Resurrection.” (Al-bani, Sahih)
4. Those who did not pay zakah:
A man’s wealth will appear to him in the form of a huge bald snake with two black spots above its eyes. It will seize him around his neck, saying, “I am your wealth, I am your treasure. ” (Bukhari)
There is no one who owns gold or silver and does not pay what is due on them, but on the Day of Resurrection plates of Fire will be served to him. They will be heated in the Fire of Hell, then his sides, forehead and back will be branded with them. Every time they cool down, they will be heated again and put back on him, for a day which will be as long as fifty thousand years, until judgement is passed among mankind, and he will be shown his destiny, either Paradise or Hell.
It was said, ‘O’ Messenger of Allah, what about camels?’ He said, ‘There is no one who owns camels and does not pay what is due on them, he will be thrown on his face in a spacious plain as wide as possible. Not a single little camel will be missing from them, but they will all step on him with their hooves and bite him with their mouths. When the first of them leaves him, the last will come, for a day which will be as long as fifty thousand years.
5. “The arrogant will be gathered like small ants in the form of men on the Day of Resurrection, overwhelmed by humiliation from all sides.”
Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “On the Day of Resurrection, the arrogant will be gathered like ants in the form of men. Humiliation will overwhelm them from all sides. They will be driven to a prison in Hell called Bawlas, with the hottest fire rising over them, and they will be given to drink of the juice of the inhabitants of Hell, which is teenat al-khabaal.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi – 2492 Classed as Hasan by Sh al-Albaani in Sahih Muslim. 2025.
Arrogant people are hated by other people just as they are hated by Allah.
People love humble, tolerant and gentle people.
6. One who lies about his dreams & eavesdrop on People:
- Friends / Relatives are making a dream to attain the soft-corner of a person to achieve future benefits.
- Eavesdropping on others happen due to suspicion and spying (due to Jealousy).
The one who lies about his dreams will be punished on the Day of Resurrection by being told to tie together two grains of barley. The one who eavesdrops on people when they dislike that will be punished by having molten lead poured into his ears on the Day of Resurrection.
7. Sins for which Allah will not speak to a person or praise him:
- the one who sells his goods by means of false oaths;
- the one who reminds others of his favours.”
- a man who denies his surplus water to the wayfarer
- a man who swears allegiance to a leader, and if he gives him something he remains loyal to him, otherwise he does not.
- an old man who commits zina (adultery),
- a king who tells lies, and a
- poor man who is arrogant
- the one who disobeys his parents,
- the woman who imitates men in her outward appearance, and the cuckold
- the duyoos (man who has no protective jealousy towards his womenfolk). “
- Whoever drags his garment out of pride, Allah will not look at him on the Day of Resurrection
8. Those who are content with the life of this world, and who enjoy a great deal of luxury, will have a hard time on the Day of Resurrection. The Messenger (sm) has told us that the one who frequently has a full stomach in this world will feel hungry for a long time on the Day of Resurrection:
Prophet (sm) said: those who are most satisfied in this world (in consuming foods) will be hungry for the longest time on the Day of Resurrection. (Albani, Sahih)
Those who have the most will have the least on the Day of Resurrection, except for those upon whom Allah bestowed wealth, and they started giving it away left and right, front and back, and used it to do good. ” (Albani, Sahih)
“Those who have a lot will be the lowest in status on the Day of Resurrection, except those who said with their wealth, ‘this way and that way’ (i.e., spending in the way of Allah), and earned it from good sources.”
“Whoever is put in charge of any of the affairs of the Muslims and remains aloof from them and pays no attention to their needs and poverty, Allah will remain aloof from him on the Day of Resurrection, and will pay no attention to his needs and poverty. ”
(Abu Dawood 2948)